A serious attempt to make money online from home requires a serious link building strategy. You should think of backlinks as roads leading to the door of your Internet business. The more roads there are to follow, the more traffic you will receive and the more potential customers will knock on your door.
There is no shortage of ways you can build links back to your site and in this article I will talk about 16 proven linking strategies that will help you in your efforts to make money online from home.
1. Write and submit articles to article directories. Try and submit your articles to the top article directories such as EzineArticles or Go Articles, as well as others. You can also hyperlink keyword phrases to multiple web pages in your site including your home page, blog, and inner pages to build even more backlinks.
2. Write blog articles and submit them to the top social directories. Using a submission service such as Onlywire.com is a quick and easy way to get links into numerous social directories with one click.
3. Trade links with other Internet marketers. Reciprocal linking used to be extremely popular and many Internet marketers still do it. This is a good way to build up a high number of links, but you want to focus on keeping them relevant to the theme of your business. The search engines will find your site via these relevant links that will help boost your sites ranking and help you to make money online from home.
4. Submit your site to the search engines. It is important to get your site listed in as many search engines as possible. You can do this manually or use a service to do it for you on a continual basis.
5. Post blog comments. Because search engines spider blogs very regularly, posting a comment with a link back to your website is a great idea and you will never run out of blogs to do it with.
6. Get involved in forums. Be sure to put your website URL in your profile when you register with the forum. Also create a signature file and hyperlink back to your site in it.
7. Post in classified ad directories. You can build up a high number of links by posting in various categories. Taking a paid subscription will allow your links to be displayed in the directory longer than the free versions will.
8. Write an eBook and give it away. People are always on the look out for good advice. You could write an eBook offering tips and strategies on how to make money online from home. This is a great way to help people, market yourself virtually and build links back to your site at the same time.
9. Write a free report and give it away. You could use this on your opt in form when building your email list. As long as your subscribers do not change the content and leave your links in tact they are free to pass it on to anybody they think might be interested.
10. Create a pay per click campaign on Google, Yahoo, Bing, or anyone of over 400 PPC search engines. Pay per click advertising can get you on page 1 of numerous search engines and create more links as well.
11. Trade blog articles with other bloggers. You could write blogs all about how to make money online from home and include links back to your site. This is easy to do and a great way to get multiple links because in blog articles you can put links to yours website and products in the body of the article.
12. Become a guest blogger. Many bloggers are looking for guest bloggers to take some of the pressure off of them and keep unique content coming into their blog. You could add a resource box at the bottom of your guest article and of course include a link to your website in it.
13. Trade articles with other web masters. Not everybody blogs and getting your articles on other websites is another way to build links back to your site.
14. Submit press releases. Whenever you have something news worthy to announce about your business submit a press release linking back to your website.
15. Buy a backlink list on a monthly basis. The idea here is to get your links on pages that have a high page rank. If you are getting regular visits from the search engines via these high ranking sites your own ranking will improve helping you to make money online from home.
16. Use social media to build links back to your site. This can include You-Tube videos, social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook, linking your site in pictures or graphics, and so on.
These are 16 very effective ways to build backlinks to your site. Whenever possible automate as much of this work as you can. Building back links will help you in your efforts to make money online from home and is an excellent and proven long term strategy for home business success.
Remember, it’s all about the links!